Our Trusted Partners
W e recommend the following organizations if you are getting organized for a move or downsizing
Listings for San Francisco, San Mateo, and Santa Clara Counties
- Ecumenical Hunger Program donations may be dropped off or contact them to schedule pick-up.
- Goodwill check the website to find the donation site closest to you.
- Salvation Army has many donation locations or schedule a pick-up online.
- St. Vincent de Paul contact them to schedule a pick-up.
- PARCA contact to schedule a pick-up.
- LifeMoves formerly InnVision Shelter Network contact to find donation locations in your area.
- Hope Services has drop off locations around the Bay Area or contact them to schedule a pick-up.
- Habitat for Humanity has ReStore drop off locations around the Bay Area or contact them to schedule a pick-up.
- American Cancer Society has Discovery Shops around the Bay Area or contact them to schedule a pick-up.
- The SFEnvironment has information and links for dealing with a variety of recycling.
- Join freecycle(tm) to give things away; you list, others come pick up. Join the group for your area.
- Nextdoor – you can list items for sale or free to people in your neighborhood
- Books — Call your local library to see if they pick up large quantities. Biblio and Abebooks will give you an idea of value. Book resellers can be found both online and around the Bay Area.
- Mobile Shredders will come to your house and shred your papers while you watch.
- For a comprehensive listing of San Mateo County organizations accepting donations, see the REUSE GUIDE at Recycle Works.
- Santa Clara County’s website, with a great search feature, is RecycleStuff.
- CalRecycle, the state authority on recycling, waste reduction, product reuse.
- China and silverware values can be found by searching eBay for completed listings. Websites such as Replacements might be an option for selling.
- Photos – scan hard copies to disk. Costco offers services, or look online, for example Scan My Photos.
- High value items – Clar’s Auction House in Oakland
Garbage Collection/Debris Boxes
Many cities offer free pick up dates for major items. Contact your city for specific details.
- Recology San Francisco
- Recology San Mateo County
- South San Francisco Scavenger Company
- RDS Redwood Debris Box Service
- Recology of the Coast
- Greenwaste Recovery
- Household Hazardous Waste for Santa Clara County schedule an appointment to drop off household hazardous waste.
- Recology South Bay
- Recology Silicon Valley
- Recology Mountain View
- Household Hazardous Waste for San Mateo County
Request a Consultation
Contact Managing Moves & More